Vision: Every JMCS student and graduate will achieve sustainable lifelong employment matching his or her needs, interests, and skills.
Career Pathways Trust Program (CPTP) offers career pathways for John Muir students in four key California industries:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Energy and Utilities
- Health Science and Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
CPTP Framework outlines the JMCS CPTP student experience. It consists of the following 5 phases:
- Skills Acceleration: Students engaged in Skills Acceleration have access to personalized learning support with individual and small group tutoring in literacy and numeracy.
- Pathway Awareness: Students engaged in Pathway Awareness learn about careers and colleges in general; identify career interests and skills sets; identify their literacy and numeracy baseline; and develop basic professionalism skills and strategies, such as professional email addresses and basic resumes.
- Pathways Exploration: Students engaged in Pathway Exploration learn about specific career pathways available at JMCS.This includes developing an understanding of each pathway from enrollment to post-graduation; engaging or planning to engage in pathway-specific work-based learning, college courses, certifications, and Career Technical Education; assessing for specific career interests and skills related to JMCS pathways; enrolling in a specific pathway.
- Pathway Preparation: Students engaged in Pathway Preparation have identified at least 1 specific career pathway in which they are enrolled. They begin to gain practical experience and specialized training within a specific career pathway; and increase knowledge about career planning in the specified pathway.
- Pathway Transition: Students engaged in Pathway Transition have identified at least 1 specific career pathway in which they are enrolled. They begin to gain advanced practical experience and specialized training within a specific career pathway; and implement a career plan in the specified pathway, such as securing and maintaining employment; and enrolling and matriculating in a further education/training program.
CPTP Team consists of 8 regional career specialists and over 40 career pathways coaches (pictured below).
Career Pathways Specialist, High North, Region 1
• Napa CCC
• Ukiah CCC
• Fortuna CCC
• Redding CCC
• Siskiyou Satellite CCC
• Chico CCC
• Chico YouthBuild
Career Pathways Specialist, North Central, Region 2
• Conservation Corps North Bay
• The Reset Foundation
• Sacramento Regional Conservation Corps
• San Francisco Conservation Corps
• Youth Connections
Career Pathways Specialist - North Eastern, Region 3
• Tahoe CCC
• Greenwood CCC
• Placer CCC
• Sacramento CCC
• Yuba Sutter YouthBuild
• Western Sierra YouthBuild
• Bitney College Prep Charter School
Career Pathways Specialist, Central Coast California, Region 4
• Santa Maria CCC
• San Luis Obispo CCC
• Cuesta College's Youth Employment Program
• Rancho Cielo
• Monterey Bay CCC
• San Jose CCC
• Delta CCC (Stockton)
• Fresno CCC
• CSET Visalia and Hanford
Career Pathways Specialist, North Los Angeles, Region 6
• Camarillo CCC
• Los Angeles CCC
• Norwalk CCC
• Orange County Youth Center WIOA
• Venice YouthBuild
• Pomona CCC
• Cloud & Fire YouthBuild