Vision: JMCS students and staff will engage in a culturally responsive and holistic approach to reduce barriers and increase student capacity for life-long sustainable employment and personal success.
Counseling Services Program Model describes the JMCS student, staff, and counselor experience:
- Direct Student Services: JMCS students in 16 sites have access to individual and small group counseling, and large group psychoeducation
- Crisis Support for Students: All JMCS students may access a counselor when in a crisis via telephone, video-conferencing, or in-person
- Staff Consultation & Development: All JMCS and client agency staff my access the Counseling Services Team for individual consultation, workshops, & trainings
- Counselor Trainee and Intern Preparation: Over 20 counselor trainees and interns from 6 universities engage in field practice training with 6 licensed clinical supervisors.
Counseling Services Pilot Year and Program Growth highlights:
- Direct Student Services grew from 5 sites in 2014-2015 to 16 sites in 2015-2016
- Enrollment and attendance rates increased in the 5 pilot sites in 2014-2015 compared to the previous year
- Attrition rates decreased in the 5 pilot sites in 2014-2015 compared to the previous year
The Counseling Services team members are pictured below:
Director of Counseling Services
Regional Coordinator of Counseling Services
Sacramento Regional CC, e-mail